Diabetes is a complex condition that effects many body systems simultaneously. Home care can add tremendous benefit by reducing the impact of diabetes on neurological function, heart condition and emotional wellbeing. The professional and experienced staff at BBHC understand how diabetes manifests and progresses, and we work with you to identify areas for improvement in your daily routine. Since diabetes mostly affects people over age 65, home support can help prevent complications such as heart disease and empower you to live your healthiest, active life. We offer support with:
- Dietary advice and meal planning for improvement of symptoms
- Coordinating with your therapist on exercise and stretching routines
- Working with your occupational therapist on any goals you might have
- Shopping for groceries when you aren’t able
- Encouraging a variety of outings and activities for overall well being
- Among others depending on your care plan.